In this issue:
- Faculty ratify new 3-year contract!
97% vote Yes! Review contract highlights and questions & answers about the new contract
- Faculty survey reports:
– Report on Summer-Fall 2021 MOU Survey
Class size reductions, tech support and work-from-home stipends are priorities as mostly remote instruction continues
– Report on Survey on Faculty Vaccinations
More than 90% have received at least one dose of a Covid vaccine
- Gender Oppression Listening Space
Everyone is invited to attend session to share experiences and build solidarity: Friday, May 14, 1 – 2:30 p.m.
- Faculty Focus: Rod Daus-Magbual
Skyline Filipino Studies professor and Daly City City Council member is working for social justice in the classroom and community
- Ensuring faculty’s right to speak to the press
Skyline President revises message on media policy after AFT points out faculty’s right to speak to press without the approval of PIO
- Support for Adjuncts
Individual orientations for new faculty available. Reminders: file for unemployment and health insurance reimbursement. Help with Flex Day pay issues.
- AFT 1493ers in action
AFT 1493’s CAT team gathers to celebrate contract settlement and AFT 1493 contingent marches in San Francisco’s May Day parade
- Social justice organizing in our communities: SURJ San Mateo
Each issue we are highlighting Social Justice Organizing in our Communities and we encourage faculty to publicize these community groups to their students: Showing Up for Racial Justice, San Mateo: People with privilege organizing against systemic racism
- In Memoriam: Rich Yurman
Remembering retired Skyline Professor of English, Creative Writing & Algebra, 1937-2021
- Action Alert: Tell California’s elected leaders: Invest in community colleges