Part-time Faculty Unemployment:
What you need to know: California community college part-time faculty are eligible for unemployment benefits in between semesters after teaching assignments and during summer.
When to apply: Apply as soon as your teaching assignment is ended, as you will receive benefits only from the date that you apply. It can take up to 10 days to process claims.
Where to apply: By phone: 1-800-300-5616
What you need to apply:
• Your last employer information (regardless of the length of time you worked for the employer) including name, address (mailing and physical location) and telephone number (including area code)
• Your last date worked and the reason you are no longer working
• Your gross earnings in the last week you worked, beginning with Sunday and ending with your last day of work
• Information on all employers during the past 18 months, including name, address (mailing and physical location), period of employment, gross wages earned, hours worked per week, and hourly rate of pay
• Your driver’s license or ID card number, if you have either
• Your citizenship status (which may include your alien registration number)
For more help: Contact Paul Bissember, AFT 1493 Executive Secretary: email: email@example.com, or phone: 650-574-6649.
For more information, download this manual:
ACCESS TO UNEMPLOYMENT INSURANCE BENEFITS FOR CONTINGENT FACULTY
A manual for applicants and a strategy to gain full rights to benefits
from the Chicago Coalition on Contingent Academic Labor