A year at the bargaining table & still no significant movement forward. Unacceptable!
At the last bargaining session, the District bargaining team wasn’t prepared and sent everyone home two hours early! Deplorable!
This is after 100 of us showed up at the Board of Trustees on 11/20 to inform them about faculty working conditions. Disrespectful!
Wear your AFT T-shirts every Wednesday!
Every Wednesday is Union Wednesday — wear your AFT #RedforED T-shirt. Wear it in class, during office hours, to meetings and to AFT solidarity actions!
Need a T-shirt? Contact your Chapter Chairs: Rika Yonemura-Fabian & Bianca Rowden Quince at Skyline, Steven Lehigh at CSM, Doniella Maher & Salumeh Eslamieh at Canada, or Paul Bissember in the AFT Office.
Union Solidarity Hour: Wednesday, February 5th
- Skyline: Fireside Lounge, Building 6, 2:30 – 3:30 pm
- CSM: Building 10 Alcove/entrance, 1:30 – 2:30 pm
- Cañada: The Grove, 2:00 – 3:00 pm
We’ll meet at each campus to plan an escalation strategy to win a Fair Contract:
- What collective actions are we ready to take?
- What would “Work to Rule” (only working the hours required by our contract) look like?
- Are we ready for a STRIKE? (for one day? or longer?)
We’ll sign a super-sized New Years Resolution Card for Chancellor Mike Claire! We all know what his resolution should be: A Fair Contract for faculty NOW! If you can’t make the Solidarity Hour, tell your AFT Chapter Chair(s) you want to sign the card.