Join your union faculty colleagues for AFT 1493’s “Week of Action”: April 18-21
As we kick off the campaign for our next faculty contract, AFT 1493 will be holding a Week of Action April 18-21 to share information about our contract demands and build momentum to win them. We hope you will join us! Please RSVP here for our Week of Action events. The Week of Action will include:
AFT tabling on all campuses
Monday 4/18 and Tuesday 4/19
Locations and times for tabling:
• CSM: Mon. & Tues., 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Building 10 at the entrance to the cafeteria
• Skyline: Mon. & Tues., noon to 2 p.m., Building 6 at the entrance to the cafeteria
• Cañada: Mon. & Tues., noon to 2 p.m., next to the bookstore (Building 2)
Sunshine Rally on Zoom to share our demands with members
Wednesday 4/20, 4 – 5 p.m.
Learn about AFT’s proposal for our 2022-2025 faculty contract, hear from your colleagues and students about why these demands matter, and build momentum to win a great contract!
• Zoom link for the Sunshine Rally: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/7052173089
Know Your Contract Flex Day session
Thursday 4/21, 1 – 2:30 p.m., on Zoom
Learn how our contract protects faculty so you can respond if you see colleagues’ rights being violated. Breakout sessions: 1) the Workload Pilot Program for full-timers & 2) Part-Timer rights.
• We are asking members to wear AFT T-shirts to Flex Day and use our AFT Union Strong Zoom background in all virtual sessions you attend. Find our Zoom background here and instructions on how to change your background here.
• Zoom links for all Flex Day sessions will be sent out by the Professional Development Committee at each college. Faculty who want to attend the Know Your Contract Flex Day session should register for it through their college’s Flex Day website.
Please RSVP for Week of Action events to receive Zoom links for the Flex Day session and to let us know if you need a t-shirt. You can RSVP here.
Looking forward to seeing you!
The AFT Contract Action Team