Who is eligible to vote in AFT’s contract ratification vote, and how can you vote? See below for more depending on which of the following categories you fall into:
1. I’m an AFT member and I’m working for SMCCCD this semester (or on paid leave).
You will automatically receive a unique Voter ID, Voter Key, and link to our election at your smccd.edu address when voting opens on Wednesday, November 15th at 9 a.m. This email will be sent by our online election service, electionrunner.com, on Wednesday the 15th at 9. The email will come from the address email@example.com, will have the sender name AFT 1493 Contract Ratification Vote, and will look like the email below (without the text in red indicating this is a preview). Please be sure to check your Spam, Clutter, and Promotions folders. If after checking these folders you still cannot locate the email, please let AFT Executive Director Marianne Kaletzky know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, and they will have the voter information resent to you.
2. I’m an AFT member and am not working for SMCCCD or getting paid by the District this semester.
Our constitution specifies that individuals without a current assignment can choose to remain AFT members if they are either:
- Full-timers on unpaid leave
- Part-timers who do not currently have an assignment but are on an SMCCCD seniority list.
If one of these applies to you, use the form at bit.ly/AFT1493RequestBallot to request a ballot. You must submit this form by Monday, November 13th, at 11:59 p.m.
3. I am working this semester but am not yet an AFT member.
In order to vote on whether to ratify the TA, you must sign up as an AFT member by Monday, November 13th, at 11:59 p.m. Sign up here: https://aft1493.org/about-us/join-the-union/