In this issue:
- AFT continues to work for a safe Spring return
As the Spring term quickly approaches, your AFT representatives have stepped up their advocacy work for a safe return to campus for all. Your participation remains as important as ever!
- What’s it like to work in-person this Fall: Faculty members share their perspectives on returning to F2F teaching and counseling this semester
As most faculty look ahead to a full return to in-person instruction in January, we interviewed some of the few faculty who have been working on campus this semester to learn more about the experiences.
- How enrollment declines have impacted part-time faculty in our district
SMCCCD enrollment has experienced major declines since the rise of the Covid-19 pandemic. AFT 1493 is working to see the impacts on adjuncts minimized.
- Report on negotiations on MOU regarding Spring 2022 working conditions
- Reminders to adjunct faculty members: Apply for unemployment benefits between semesters & submit medical reimbursement forms by Dec. 31
- South San Francisco coalition prepares for Free Early Care and Education for All ballot measure
- Join a conversation between faculty and Trustee John Pimentel on December 9
- Current faculty contract is finally available online
After some technical delays, the complete faculty contract that was ratified last May is now available by clicking on the link above.