In this issue:
- SMCCCD: Where’s the equity for part-time faculty? It’s time for the 70% to get their fair share!
Why do part-time faculty members in our wealthy district get paid about $6000 less per year than part-timers teaching the same 9-unit load at neighboring districts?
- This is what solidarity looks like! AFT 1493 holds teach-in on “Social Justice Unionism in Practice: From Part-Time Pay Parity to Anti-Oppression Organizing”
Report on AFT 1493’s successful Sept. 10 teach-in attended by over 170 teachers, students, staff and community members, including links to videos of all of the speakers.
- Critical propositions on the November ballot
YES on Proposition 15! YES on Proposition 16! YES on Proposition 17; YES on Proposition 18; No on Proposition 20; NO on Proposition 22! YES on Proposition 25
- Meet AFT 1493’s endorsed candidates for the November SMCCCD Board of Trustees election
AFT has endorsed Lisa Petrides in Area 1, John Pimentel in Area 5, Maurice Goodman & Dave Mandelkern in Area 3
- “Change SSF”, social justice group in South City, is organizing for community empowerment and running a candidate for city council
Many current and former SMCCCD students active in candidate James Coleman’ campaign
- Contract Negotiations Update
Latest information on bargaining
- Peralta District fighting to keep local control
Peralta Federation of Teachers and Academic Senates trying to prevent state Board from assigning “special trustee” to oversee the district